Your personal data is important to us. Therefore, and because we are required by law to do so, on this page we are informing you about data processing and your data protection rights.
Processing of your data within our organization
Your personal data will be processed electronically and manually in paper form within the framework of your participation in the project Refugees Welcome International or cooperation with our employees for the purposes of project implementation, project documentation, project reporting, project accounting and project success measurement by the network Refugees Welcome International and the carrier association Mensch Mensch Mensch e.V.. In addition, data is processed in order to keep cooperation partners and interested citizens informed about our activities and possibly to involve them in projects. Partially anonymized data is also stored to measure the effectiveness of our advertising activities. The following data is processed on the legal basis of contract performance and preparation. (1) I.e. we store your data in our computer systems and manual files. In addition, during the course of the support provided in the project, we will also collect and store data from you in order to implement and document our project activities. (2)
When is data collected?
3. When you are in contact with us by phone or mail
4. When you sign up for our newsletter
What personal data is stored?
…if you are in contact with us by phone or mail
Personal data: First name & last name, contact information (phone number, email address).
Other data that you voluntarily share with us
…when you sign up for our newsletter
Personal data: First name & last name, email address
User behavior: statistical collection and evaluation of the reaction of recipients to our newsletters in order to optimize them
To whom is your personal information disclosed?
We only store your data for as long as required by law. Specifically, this means that your data that is part of project reporting and project performance measurement will be destroyed 3 years after the end of the support. Personal data that is required for billing purposes will be destroyed 7 years after the care ends.
When visiting our website, anonymized data on the number of website visits and user behavior is stored.
Your data protection rights
The GDPR grants you various data protection rights. In principle, you have the right to information (3), correction (4), deletion (5), restriction (6) and data portability (7). Therefore, you can request information about whether your personal data is being processed. Furthermore, you have the right to request the correction of incorrect personal data or its completion without delay. You have the right to request that the personal data be deleted without undue delay, provided that the reasons stated in Art 17 (1) DSGVO are fulfilled. You may also request that the processing of the personal data be restricted, provided that the reasons set out in Art 18 (1) of the GDPR are fulfilled. You also have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority if you believe that the personal data concerning you has been processed in an unlawful manner. (8)
Privacy statements of other websites
At this point, we would like to expressly point out that this website also contains links to other websites to which this data protection declaration does not apply.
Information about the person in charge
For questions or to exercise your rights, you can reach us here:
Refugees Welcome International
Utrechter Straße 48, 13347 Berlin, Germany
(1) The legal basis for this processing/s is Art 6 para 1 lit b DSGVO.
(2) The legal basis for this processing/s is Art 6 para 1 lit c DSGVO.
(3) You have the right to information about the personal data concerning you in accordance with Article 15 DSGVO.
(4) You have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR.
(5) You have the right to have the personal data concerning you deleted if the conditions set out in Article 17 of the GDPR are met.
(6) You have the right to restriction of processing if the conditions pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR are met.
(7) You have the right to data portability pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR: You have the right to receive the data concerning you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to have it transferred to another organization. The prerequisite for this is that it is data that has been processed by the controller by means of automated processes and whose processing is based either on your consent or on a contract between you and the controller.
(8) Pursuant to Section 24 of the Data Protection Act, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you has been carried out in an unlawful manner